Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Cooking time45 min
This creamy blue cheese dressing recipe puts forward a step by step method of approach to make a fancy and tangy dressing. It is a versatile dressing because it can be used for dipping crunchy vegetables or you can use it for tomato slices and this dressing is a good option with chives and bacon as well.
If you follow the correct quantity of ingredients recommended in this creamy blue cheese dressing recipe, you can make 1 1/2 cups. If you are interested in making a thick dressing for using as a dip, the quantity of the lemon juice should be reduced to 1 tablespoon. For making a wedge salad, the head iceberg lettuce must be sliced into 4 quarters. The core needs to be trimmed away and each quarter has to be drizzled with 1 or 2 tablespoons of blue cheese dressing. Finally, top with one slice of bacon and one teaspoon minced chives.
1) Take a small bowl.
2) The sour cream and cheese need to be mashed together with the help of a fork.
3) You have to keep on mashing until it turns into a chunky paste. (The consistency needs to be pretty similar to the constancy of cottage cheese).
4) The buttermilk should be stirred in.
5) Lemon juice and mayonnaise must also be stirred in.
6) The next step is to taste and pepper and pepper have to be used for seasoning.
7) Once it is done, you have to place it in a covered container in the refrigerator. (You can keep it up to one week).
- 1) Blue cheese - 4 ounces (The quantity must be equivalent to 1 heaping cup and it must be crumbled).
- 2) Sour cream - 1/4 cup.
- 3) Buttermilk - 1/4 cup.
- 4) Mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons.
- 5) Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- 6) Pepper to taste.
- 7) Salt to taste.