Creamy Carrot Casserole
Cooking time30 min
Are you one among those people who do not like carrots? If you are one among them, this creamy carrot casserole recipe is going to change your mind and all people, who have tried out this dish, have become really passionate towards this casserole.
If you follow the correct quantity of ingredients recommended in this creamy carrot casserole recipe, you can serve this dish for 8 people. The preparation time needed for making this dish is 15 minutes and the baking time comes around 30 minutes. When it comes to nutritional facts, you get 238 calories for each 3/4 cup and the fat comes around 22 grams.
1) First of all, the oven must be preheated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The next step is to take large saucepan.
3) 1-inch of water must be poured in the saucepan.
4) The carrots need to be added.
5) It should be brought to boil.
6) The heat has to be reduced.
7) Then, you must cover it.
8) It should be simmered for 7 to 9 minutes and stop when it becomes crisp-tender.
9) It is the time to drain.
10) 1/4 cup cooking liquid needs to be reserved.
11) Take a 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
12) Now, the carrots must be transferred to the dish.
13) You have to take a small bowl.
14) The reserved cooking liquid, horseradish, onion and mayonnaise must be combined in the bowl.
15) This mixture should be spread over the carrots in an even manner.
16) Cheese must be sprinkled in.
17) The bread crumbs should be used to top.
18) It is the time to bake and it should be done uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 1) Carrots- 1 1/2 pounds. The quantity should be equivalent to 20 ounces and you have to use frozen sliced and thawed carrots).
- 2) Mayonnaise – 1 cup.
- 3) Grated onion - 1 tablespoon.
- 4) Prepared horseradish - 1 tablespoon.
- 5) Cheddar cheese - 1/4 cup (It should be shredded).
- 6) Butter-flavored or Ritz crackers - 2 tablespoons.