Creamy Cheddar Quinoa with Chicken and Spinach
Cooking time45 min
If you are looking for a healthier chicken dish with a stove-top spin, this creamy cheddar quinoa with chicken and spinach recipe is the most suitable option. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings and total time needed for cooking is 40 minutes.
1) Quinoa needs to be cooked based on package guidelines.
2) Oil has to be heated in a large saute saucepan over medium high heat.
3) Chicken has to be seasoned with pepper and salt.
4) Then, it should be seared on both sides until turned golden brown before transferring to a plate.
5) The pan has to be returned to a medium heat and butter needs to be added.
6) Garlic and onions have to be sauteed until softened.
7) Chicken stock and cream must also be added.
8) It has to be brought to a boil and simmered for 2 to 3 minutes and you can stop when slightly reduced.
9) One cup spinach and cheese must be stirred in and chicken and quinoa should also be folded in.
10) Then, it needs to be topped with remaining cup cheese.
11) Pan has to be covered and simmered for 3 to 4 minutes. (You must make sure that cheese is bubbling and everything is warmed through)
12) Parsley can be used to garnish and you can serve this dish immediately.
- Chopped parsley - 2 tablespoons.
- Baby spinach - 8 ounces. (Chopped)
- Shredded cheddar - 2 cups. (Divided)
- Chicken stock (Low sodium) - 1 cup.
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup.
- Onion - 1 no. (Medium sized and chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Butter - 1 tablespoon.
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Large chicken breasts - 2 nos. (They should be boneless and skinless and you have to cut them into 2-inch pieces)
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Quinoa - 1 cup.