Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to make a different type of a soup that offers a soup and sandwich combo? This creamy pumpkin soup with grilled cheese croutons puts forward an easy way to make such a combo. You can make 4 servings if you follow this recipe and total time needed to make this soup and cheese combination is 50 minutes.
1) One tablespoon and one tablespoon butter should be melted in a big pot over medium heat.
2) Then, onions and garlic must be sauteed for 3 to 4 minutes and then, honey, heavy cream, broth and pumpkin have to be stirred in.
3) The next step is seasoning with pepper and salt.
4) These ingredients must be brought to a boil and simmered for 7 to 10 minutes.
5) After turning off the heat, the remaining butter needs to be melted for getting a silky consistency.
6) You have to use a lid to cover it and keep it warm.
7) A cast iron skillet should be preheated.
8) After having spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over each bread piece, place the bread pieces in the skillet by keeping the mayonnaise side down.
9) Then, the bread pieces should be topped with gruyere layers and covered with the remaining breads.
10) They should be cooked and flipped as required and you need to stop the cooking when breads turn golden brown.
11) The skillet needs to be covered for melting cheese and each grilled cheese must be cut into 8 pieces by placing on a cutting board.
12) Now, the soup has to be divided into bowls and each bowl must be topped with grilled cheese croutons.
13) Parsley can be used to garnish and olive oil should be drizzled in before serving.
- Fresh parsley - 1/4 cup. (Chopped)
- Gruyere cheese - 6 to 8 slices.
- White bread slices - 4 nos.
- Mayonnaise - 3 tablespoons.
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Honey - 2 tablespoons.
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup.
- Vegetable broth - 1 1/2 cups.
- Pumpkin purees - 2 cups.
- Chopped onion - 1 cups.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Extra virgin oil - 1 tablespoon. (You can keep some more for drizzling)
- Butter - 3 tablespoons. (Divided)