Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili
Cooking time45 min
This crockpot pulled pork chili recipe puts forward one of the best ways of making a fabulous pork dish that tastes really good. You can make 4 to 6 servings and total cooking needed is 12 to 16 hours.
1) Onion powder, pepper, salt and sugar must be used for seasoning the pork.
2) The pork must be placed in the crockpot and beer needs to be added.
3) It must be cooked for 8 to 10 hours on low heat.
4) Once the pork is cooked, it should be shredded with forks and the bones must be removed.
5) Tomato paste, beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, peppers, shallot, garlic and remaining spices have to be added.
6) These ingredients must be mixed well.
7) The crockpot needs to be covered and cooked for 4 hours at least. (You can cook up to 8 hours)
8) The chili can be tasted after 2 hours and more seasoning can be done if needed.
9) This dish can be served with tortilla chips, cilantro, green onions, cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 teaspoon. (Crushed)
- Smoked paprika - 1 tablespoon.
- Chipotle chili powder - 1 tablespoon.
- Ground cumin - 2 1/2 tablespoons.
- Chili powder - 4 tablespoons.
- Tomato paste - 1/4 cup.
- 14-ounce kidney beans can - 2 nos. (They should be drained and rinsed)
- 28-ounce crushed tomato can - 1 no,
- 28-ounce tomato puree can - 1 no.
- Green bell pepper - 1/2 (It needs to be chopped)
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 (Chopped)
- Shallot - 1 no. (Diced)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Beer - 8 ounces.
- Onion powder - 1 teaspoon.
- Pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons.
- Pork shoulder - 1 no. (The quantity must be equivalent to 2.5 pounds)
- #For serving#
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced green onions or chives
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt