Cuban Sauteed Chickpeas with Chorizo
Cooking time45 min
This tapas-inspired Cuban sauteed chickpeas with Chorizo recipe makes you familiarize with the easiest method of preparing a side dish that is extremely tasty. You can spoon on top of a toasted bread to offer a unique culinary adventure for your taste buds. It is a simple dish that can be prepared with relative ease and it just needs 30 minutes to make this wonderful chickpeas.
If you follow the correct guidelines and exact quantity of the ingredients recommended in this Cuban sauteed chickpeas with Chorizo recipe, you can serve it for 6 people.
1) First of all, you must take a large saute pan.
2) Pour olive oil.
3) The oil must be heated.
4) The heat must be kept at medium level.
5) The shallots will have to be added.
6) They need to be cooked for 5 minutes. You have to make sure that the chickpeas become soft and they must also become lightly browned and soft.
7) The next step is to cut the chorizo into tiny pieces.
8) They should be added to the chickpeas.
9) You have to keep on cooking for 5 minutes. (Make sure that the chorizo starts to render out some quantity of the fat.
10) Now, the roasted red peppers should be added to the pan.
11) They should be tossed to combine.
12) Pepper and salt has to be used to season.
13) The lemon juice needs to be added.
14) The brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan should be scraped.
15) They should be topped with chopped parsley.
16) It can be served warm with lemon wedges for squeezing.
- 1) Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- 2) Shallot - 1 no. (It must be chopped).
- 3) Chickpeas 15-ounce can) – 2 nos. (They must be drained and rinsed).
- 4) Dried Spanish chorizo – 3 ounces (You have to use skin removed one).
- 5) Red bell pepper (roasted) - 3 1/2 ounces. (It should be sliced into 1/4 × 1/2-inch strips).
- 6) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 7) Black pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 8) Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- 9) Fresh parsley - 2 tablespoons. (They need to be chopped).
- 10) Lemon – 1 no. (It should be cut into wedges).