Curried Lentil and Pumpkin Soup
Cooking time45 min
Do you have a recipe box that require a little spice, or require a little assistance jump- starting creativity in your kitchen or are you looking for an easy recipe which you can hassle free prepare by yourself? If yes, this write- up is definitely for you. Scroll down as we guide you on how to prepare curried lentil and pumpkin soup.
Last, but not least, this recipe of curried lentil and pumpkin soup is not only very tasty and filling but also healthy and easy to prepare. Ensure that you prepare the recipe soon so that you can let your family members experience the healthy benefits it carries along.
1) Heat the oil carefully in any large- heavy saucepan you’ ve got over medium heat.
2) Add the garlic and onion. Allow them to cook for at least five minutes so that you can enable the onion to become softened.
3) Stir in your curry powder carefully and cook. It is recommended that you stir the ingredients in the saucepan for at least thirty seconds.
4) Apart from the sour cream or yoghurt, add the remaining ingredients i.e. pumpkin, lentils as well as vegetable stock and stir till they are well combined and then bring to the boil.
5) Adjust the heat and the let the combined ingredients cook. You should ensure that the ingredients in the saucepan are partially covered for about half an hour and occasionally stir them till the pumpkin becomes tender. The meal is ready once you notice the pumpkin is tender.
6) Serve your meal in bowls with a dollop of sour cream or yoghurt.
- One table- spoon olive oil
- Onion, finely chopped
- One clove garlic, crushed
- Two tea- spoons Madras curry powder
- One and a half cups red lentils, dried
- One and three quarter kg butternut pumpkin, properly peeled, chopped, and seeds removed
- Five cups vegetable stock
- Sour cream or yoghurt, to serve