Date, Walnut and Blue Cheese Ball
Cooking time45 min
Everybody loves to enjoy easy appetizers during the summer season. Cheese balls always have been a popular summer dish and this Date, Walnut and Blue Cheese Ball recipe teaches you how to prepare a retro-chick snack that is extremely delicious and exciting as well. First of all, you have to take a large bowl. Place crumbled blue cheese into the bowl. Add nonfat butter milk, fat-free cream cheese and 1/3-fat-free cream cheese should be added as well.
The next step is to beat using a mixer at medium speed. Beat for 2 minutes until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
Now, the dates must be added.
Then, you have to add pepper, shallots, salt and lemon rind as well.
Again, you must beat them at medium speed (Make sure that all ingredients are properly blended). Scrap the sides of the bowl if needed.
Now, the cheese mixture should be spooned onto a big sheet of plastic wrap. It should be converted into a ball with the help of a rubber spatula.
Then, the cheese ball should be wrapped in plastic wrap. Chill overnight.
Take a shallow dish. Walnuts and parsley should be placed into that bowl. Combine them well.
The next step is to unwrap the cheese ball. It should be rolled in nut mixture in a gentle manner. Coat properly. The Date, Walnut and Blue Cheese Ball is ready to serve and it should be placed on a serving plate. This dish can be served with crackers, veggies or bread. You can refrigerate before serving if you want.
- Nonfat butter milk – 1 tablespoon
- 1/3-less-fat cream cheese – 3 ounces (It should be softened)
- Crumbled blue cheese – 1 cup or 4 ounces
- Minced shallots – 1 tablespoon
- Fat-free cream cheese – 5 ounces (It should be softened)
- Finely chopped walnuts – 2 1/2 tablespoons (They should be toasted)
- Minced pitted Medjool dates – 3 tablespoons (2 to 3 dates)
- Grated lemon rind – 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced fresh flat-leaf parsley – 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon