Dominican Bizcocho Cupcakes
Cooking time45 min
How to make orange-scented cupcakes? This Dominican Bizcocho cupcakes recipe teaches you how to make such a dish.
Total cooking time needed is 1 hour and 50 minutes and, you can serve it for 18 people if you follow the exact quantity of ingredients recommended in this Dominican Bizcocho cupcakes recipe.
Special equipment needed - A candy thermometer
For the cupcakes
1) The oven has to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Two 12-cup muffin tins must be lined with 18 paper liners and the liners should be sprayed with baking spray.
3) Take a medium bowl and, salt, baking powder and flour should be sifted together into the bowl.
4) The sugar and butter should be put in the bowl of a stand mixer (It should be fitted with a paddle attachment).
5) You have to beat on medium-high speed for 5 to 6 minutes and make sure that it turns pale and fluffy.
6) The egg needs to be added one by one and keep on beating on medium speed. (You have to ensure that every egg is fully mixed before adding the next one).
7) The vanilla and orange zest have to be added and beaten until well combined.
8) Bring the speed to low and 1/3 of the flour mixture needs to be added. It must be followed by half of the orange juice.
9) You have to mix them well and again, 1/3 of the flour and the remaining orange juice have to be mixed.
10) Once again; the remaining flour should be added but make sure that you do not over-mix.
11) The batter has to be divided evenly among 18 paper liners.
12) They must be baked for 18 to 20 minutes and the pans must be rotated midway. Make sure that the batter becomes lightly brown around the edges.
13) When they cool down, the cupcakes can be removed to a wire baking rack.
For the meringue frosting
1) Salt, sugar and 1/2 cup water must be heated in a small saucepan (When a candy thermometer is inserted, the mixture must register 240 Degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Take a bowl and, lime juice and egg whites should be added.
3) Beat with the whisk attachment and stop when they reach soft peaks.
4) The hot sugar syrup must be poured in a thin steady stream into the egg whites.
5) Continue the whisking process for 5 minutes and make sure that the egg whites are glossy and stiff.
6) You also have to make sure that the bottom of the bowl must have fully cooled.
7) The lime zest must be added and whisked to combine properly. .
For assembling the cupcakes
1) A teaspoon of cake should be scooped out from the middle of each cupcake and it can be done using a melon baller.
2) A teaspoon of jelly must be spooned in the middle of each.
3) Some of the cake scraps need to be cut up for covering the holes.
4) The meringue frosting has to be piped on top.
- #For cupcakes#
- 1) Baking spray with flour – for greasing purposes.
- 2) All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups.
- 3) Baking powder - 2 teaspoons.
- 4) Fine salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 5) Unsalted butter - 1 1/2 sticks.
- 6) Sugar – 1 cup. (You have to keep 2 tablespoons more).
- 7) Large eggs – 3 nos.
- 8) Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- 9) Orange zest – taken out of 1 orange
- 10) Orange juice - 1/2 cup.
- #For meringue frosting#
- 1) Sugar - 1 cup (You need to keep 2 tablespoons more).
- 2) Fine salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 3) Large egg whites - 4 nos.
- 4) Fresh lime juice - 1 teaspoon.
- 5) Lime zest – taken out of 1 lime
- 6) Pineapple guava or mango jelly - 1/2 cup.