Cooking time45 min
It is hard to find a better eating experience than eating highly delicious doughnut popcorn? This doughnut popcorn recipe puts forward a simple way of making a treat that has the real soft goodness of a doughnut pretty similar to a cake.
1) Oven must be preheated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cooking spray needs to be sprayed on a doughnut pan.
3) Salt, baking powder, sugar and flour should be combined in a big bowl with the help of a big whisk.
4) Vegetable oil, vanilla extract, buttermilk and eggs have to be added to a separate big mixing bowl and all these ingredients must be whisked together.
5) The wet as well as dry ingredients should be mixed and stirred using a spoon made of wood. (You need to mix until all ingredients become moistened and there is no need to worry if the batter turns a little bit lumpy)
6) With the help of a small spoon, the doughnut pan should be filled and ensure that every doughnut is 2/3 filled.
7) It has to be placed in the center area of the oven and baked for around 8 to 10 minutes.
8) After cooling the doughnuts by keeping them in the pan for 15 minutes, you can place them on cooling rack for two hours.
9) The popcorn can be popped using your most preferred method and a bit of salt can be added if wanted. The important thing is to remove any unpopped kernels.
10) The chocolate chips must be melted in the microwave and a chocolate layer has to be spread with the help of a rubber spatula on the donuts before topping with popcorn.
11) The popcorn has to be pressed to stick and this process should be repeated for every doughnut.
12) Every doughnut has to be drizzled with the chocolate (remaining) after topping them using popcorn.
13) Allow the chocolate to set 60 minutes prior to serving.
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon.
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon. (You can keep a bit more but optional.
- Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup.
- Popcorn kernels – 1/4 cup.
- Baking powder - 2 teaspoons.
- Chocolate chips (Semi sweet) – 1 cup.
- Buttermilk – 3/4 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.