Early Fall Ratatouille
Cooking time45 min
This early fall ratatouille recipe puts forward a unique way of making a wonderful dish is a speedy and simple way. If you use the same quantity of ingredients mentioned in this early fall ratatouille recipe, you can serve for 6 people.
1) The sides of eggplants (sliced) must be covered with salt. (You have to create a heavy coating).
2) Set aside for 60 minutes.
3) Now, the eggplant slices should be rinsed properly for removing the salt.
4) Then, they need to be pat dried using a kitchen tower.
5) The oven has to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Take a heavy casserole and 2 tablespoons of olive oil must be poured into the casserole.
7) The casserole must be rotated to spread the oil.
8) Pepper, salt, garlic, herbs and all vegetables should be added to the casserole.
9) The remaining olive oil has to be drizzled on the top.
10) This mixture should be placed on the heated oven and baked for 60 minutes uncovered.
11) While the ingredients are getting cooked, the vegetables need to be stirred one or two times to ensure even cooking.
12) Fresh herbs can be used to garnish and it can be served over rice or as a side dish.
- Eggplant - 2 pounds. (They must be sliced into pieces with a half inch thickness and then slated and quartered)
- Yellow bell pepper - 1 no. (They must be seeded, cored and sliced).
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup.
- Yellow onions (large) - 2 nos. (They need to be sliced)
- Zucchini - 1 pound. (You have to remove the stems and they should be cut into chunks)
- Red bell pepper - 1 no. (It has to be seeded, cored and sliced)
- Tomatoes - 2 to 4 nos. (Keep them roughly chopped)
- Fresh thyme - a few sprigs.
- Oregano - a few sprigs.
- Pepper - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.
- Garlic cloves - 8 nos. (They have to be peeled and chopped in a rough manner.