Easy 5-Ingredient Corn Soup
Cooking time45 min
This easy 5-ingredient corn soup recipe puts forward a simple way of making a beautiful corn soup. This easy 5-ingredient corn soup recipe offers 1 serving and it can be made within 55 minutes.
1) First of all, the kernels must be cut off the cobs. Then, the cobs should be cut in half.
2) Take a medium saucepan and 2 tablespoons of butter should be heated in the pan. The heat needs to be kept at medium level.
3) The next step is the process of adding corn kernels and they have to be sauteed for 2 minutes.
4) Potatoes, corn cobs and 2 1/2 cups of water must be added and they should be brought to boil over medium heat. The saucepan has to be covered and simmered for 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes turn tender.
5) Take it out from the heat and cobs need to be discarded. Three-quarters of the soup must be transferred to the bowl of a food processor from the pot.
6) It should be pureed to become smooth and then, return to the pot along with the remaining soup. Cayenne has to be added and salt and pepper must be used for seasoning.
7) The remaining butter has to be melted in a small skillet and the heat must be kept at medium.
8) It should be cooked for 6 to 7 minutes and ensure that butter becomes golden and there is a nutty smell.
9) Sesame seeds have to be added to the hot butter and cooked for one minute. Make sure that it becomes golden brown.
10) For serving, the soup must be drizzled with sesame seed brown butter.
- Sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons.
- Cayenne pepper – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Unsalted butter – 3 tablespoons. (Divided)
- Kosher salt - To taste.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) – To taste.
- New potatoes – 2 cups.
- Ears of corn – 2 nos. (Shucked)