Cooking time45 min
What about mini pizzas made on eggplant slices? This eggplant pizzas recipe teaches you how to make delicious and child friendly pizzas in a simple way. You can think about the option of grilling the eggplant instead of baking. As the eggplant gets older, it turns bitter and the bitterness can be eliminated by the salting process. With the exact quantity of ingredients mentioned in this eggplant pizzas recipe, you can make 4 servings and the total time needed for cooking is 50 minutes.
1) First of all, the eggplant needs to be sprinkled with the coarse salt.
2) You need to allow it to sit on paper towels for 20 minutes.
3) After 20 minutes, it should be wiped dried.
4) The next step is brushing the slices of eggplant using oil.
5) The, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning should be used to season.
6) The oven has to be preheated to 420 Degree Fahrenheit or 200 Degree Celsius.
7) The eggplant must be roasted in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and you have to make sure that the eggplant begins to turn tender. (The most important thing is that you should never allow them to become extremely mushy or soft).
8) The next step is the topping process. The eggplant has to be topped using pepperoni, cheese and sauce.
9) It should be broiled for 3 to 5 minutes and you must stop when the cheese is melted.
10) The dish is ready to serve.
- Oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Eggplant - 1 no. (It must be large and you have to cut it into 1/4 inch slices)
- Oregano or Italian seasoning - 1 teaspoon.
- Coarse salt - 1 tablespoon.
- Pepperoni - 1 ounce.
- Salt - to taste.
- Pepper - to taste.
- Mozzarella - 1 cup. (It should be shredded)
- Pizza sauce - 1 cup.