Eggplant with Parmesan
Cooking time45 min
This eggplant with parmesan recipe talks about making a stunningly delicious dish in an uncomplicated way. The eggplant with parmesan can be made within 45 minutes and you can serve it for 4 people if you follow the exact guidelines in this recipe.
1) The eggplants middle part must be scooped out and you need to leave 1/2 inch around the size.
2) The scooped eggplant must be chopped and reserved.
3) The inside part of the eggplant shells need to be brushed using oil.
4) The oven has to be preheated 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
5) You have to place eggplants with inside placing up in the oven and they should be baked for 10 to 15 minutes. (You must stop when it becomes tender)
6) Set aside.
7) Onion and sausage should be cooked in a pan for 10 minutes over medium heat and break the sausage up as you go. (Make sure that the sausage is cooked properly)
8) Garlic needs to be added and cooked for a minute and stop when the fragrance comes out.
9) The reserved eggplants have to be added and cooked for 5 to 8 minutes. (Stop when they become tender).
10) One cup of marinara sauce has to be added and salt and pepper should be used to season.
11) They have to be cooked for 3 to 5 minutes and then, remove from the heat.
12) The remaining marinara sauce must be spread on the bottom of the baking dish and the eggplant shells have to be placed in. (The fleshy hollowed out sides must be in an upward direction).
13) Sauce needs to be used to fill them and cheese should be used to top.
14) Place them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes and stop when the sauce bubbling and cheese melted.
15) Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
- Parmesan - 1/2 cup. (It has to be grated).
- Mozzarella - 1 cup. (Shredded)
- Pepper - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.
- Marinara sauce - 2 cups.
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (They must be chopped).
- Small onion - 1 no. (Diced)
- Italian sausage - 1/2 pound. (The casings should be removed)
- Olive oil - 1/2 tablespoon.
- Eggplants - 2 nos. (Medium-sized; 6 inches in length and you need to cut them in lengthwise into half).
- Basil - For garnishing purposes.