Cooking time45 min
How to make na amazingly delicious fettuccine bolognese? This Fettuccine Bolognese recipe provides the best answer to this question. 4 to 6 servings can be made using this fettuccine Bolognese recipe and cooking time comes around 3 hours.
1) Olive oil needs to be heated in a skillet over high heat. (You can stop when smoking)
2) Ground cloves, pepper and salt should be used to season the ground meat.
3) Lamb, veal and pork have to be added and cooked for 15 minutes. You need to stir in an occasional way and break up the bigger chunks of meat.
4) When the meats get caramelized, parsley, chili flakes, basil, sage and pureed chicken livers have to be added and cooked for 2 to 4 minutes. (Keep on stirring and make sure that it is cooked through.
5) Carrots, celery and onion must also be added and the meats have to be de-glazed with the wine.
6) Then, they have to be brought to boil and the heat needs to be kept at high.
7) It should be allowed to reduce for 15 minutes and make sure that almost finished.
8) Tomatoes, bay leaf, veal stock and chicken stock have to be added and the pot has to be brought to a boil.
9) After lowering to a bare simmer, it should be cooked for 2 hours while stirring in an occasional manner. (Make sure that flavors are well combined and the sauce reduced to a good consistency.
10) Heavy cream and butter have to be added and brought to a boil.
11) Pepper and salt must be used to season and after allowing the sauce to cool down; it should be refrigerated overnight at least.
12) For the serving purpose, saute pan has to be heated and black pepper, chicken stock and heavy cream must be added.
13) Parsley, Parmigiano- Reggiano and basil need to be folded in and it can be served with pasta.
14) Parmigiano - Reggiano and torn basil leaves must be used to garnish.
- Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese - 1 cup (Grated)
- Heavy cream - 1 cup.
- Butter - 1/2 stick
- Bay leaf - 1 no.
- Whole peeled tomatoes - 32 ounces. (You need to crush them using hands)
- Veal stock - 6 cups.
- Chicken stock - 6 cups.
- Red wine - 1/2 cup.
- Large carrot - 1 no. (Finely diced)
- Celery stalks - 4 nos. (You need to slice it finely)
- Large onion - 1 no. (It should be finely diced)
- Chili flakes - 1 teaspoon.
- Fresh parsley leaves - 1/4 cup. (Chopped)
- Fresh basil leaves - 1/4 cup. (You need to chop them)
- Fresh sage leaves - 1/4 cup. (Minced)
- Chicken livers - 1/2 cup. (Finely pureed)
- Ground cloves
- Coarsely ground lamb - 1 pound.
- Veal - 1 pound. (Coarsely ground)
- Coarsely ground pork shoulder - 1 pound.
- Pepper and salt
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 ounces.
- Parmigiano - Reggiano and bail leaves (Torn)- for serving.
- Pasta - 1 1/2 pounds. (It should be cooked just before serving.