Fig and Blue Cheese Flatbread
Cooking time45 min
This fig and blue cheese flatbread recipe discusses how to make a tasty dish in fast manner.
If you follow the correct guidelines and quantity of ingredients, you can serve for 2 people.
1) The oven should be preheated to 500 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) If you want the best results, you can use a pizza stone.
3) You need to ensure that the pizza stone warms up in the oven that is heated for around 10 to 15 minutes.
4) If are using a store-bought one; allow the pizza dough reach room temperature for 20 to 40 minutes.
5) The dough has to be divided into two pieces.
6) It should be placed on a lightly floured counter.
7) You have to it with a cloth.
8) The dough must be rested for another 20 to 40 minutes.
9) The dough needs to be shaped into ovals.
10) Then, it should be covered and let rest for 10 to 20 minutes.
11) Now, the dough must be rolled or pressed into its final shape and a fork has to be sued to dock the pizza dough.
12) It should be brushed with olive oil.
13) Then, cornmeal has to be sprinkled on a pizza peel.
14) The pizza has to be placed onto the peel.
15) It must be transferred to the oven.
16) You have to bake it for 4 to 6 minutes. (Make sure that it is firm and turns brown on the edges). .
17) The pizza should be removed from the oven.
18) It should be topped with the cheese, figs and caramelized onions. (You can make them ahead).
19) Olive oil needs to be slightly drizzled and finish in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
20) Take out from the oven and the prosciutto and oregano must be torn over the pizza.
21) You can serve warm.
- 1) Fresh figs - 1 pint (They can be sliced or cut into quarters).
- 2) Small red onion – 1 no. (It should be caramelized and sliced).
- 3) Blue cheese - 4 ounces. (They should be crumbled).
- 4) Prosciutto – a few slices.
- 5) Fresh oregano – as needed.
- 6) Pizza dough - 1 pound.
- 7) Extra virgin olive oil – as needed.
- 8) Cornmeal - a little bit.