Flattened Pork Chops with Greens and Mustard Pan Sauce
Cooking time45 min
If you want to learn how to make an innovative pork dish, you can follow this flattened pork chops with greens and mustard pan sauce recipe. With this recipe, you can make servings and total time needed for making this dish is 1 hour.
1) Mustard seeds and shallots have to be placed in a small bowl.
2) Two tablespoons water, salt, vinegar and sugar should be brought to a boil in a small saucepan.
3) You have to stir well for dissolving sugar and salt.
4) Mustard seeds and shallot should be poured over and then, set aside.
5) The pork chops need to be pounded between two plastic layers wrap to 1/2 inch thickness.
6) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
7) In a skillet, 3 tablespoons oil must be heated and the heat has to be kept at medium-high.
8) Pork chops have to be cooked in batches for 3 minutes per side. (Make sure that they are browned)
9) They need to be transferred to a big plate.
10) After reducing the heat to medium-low, a splash of water, remaining vinegar, honey and mustard have to be added to the skillet.
11) They need to be brought to a simmer and cooked for one minute. (The browned bits have to be scraped up from the skillets bottom and make sure that the liquid is reduced in a slight manner)
12) Pepper and salt should be used to season and, then, the pan sauce has to be removed from heat.
13) The greens have to be placed in a large bowl and seasoned with pepper and salt.
14) The warm sauce needs to be drizzled over greens and tossed to coat.
15) Mustard seeds and shallot have to be drained.
16) The pork chops should be served with greens and topped with mustard seeds and pickled shallot.
17) Some more oil can be drizzled in before serving.
- Mustard greens - 1 bunch. (You need to trim the tough stems)
- Honey - 2 teaspoons.
- Whole grain Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons. (You can keep some more for drizzling)
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Bone-in pork rib chops - 4 nos. (12 ounce each)
- Kosher salt - 1.2 teaspoon. (You can keep some more)
- White wine vinegar - 1/4 cup. (You need to keep 2 tablespoons more)
- Sugar - 2 teaspoons.
- Mustard seeds - 2 teaspoons.
- Medium sized shallot - 1 no. (It should be sliced into thin rings)