Fresh Peach Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Cooking time45 min
How to make a beautiful coffee cake that combines traditional and innovative flavors? This fresh peach sour cream coffee cake recipe provides the best answer to this question. Total time needed for making this dish is 1 hour and 20 minutes and you can experiment with frozen thawed peaches as well.
1) The oven has to be preheated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) A nine-inch square pan should be greased.
3) For making the nut topping, you must take a medium sized bowl.
4) Walnuts, cinnamon and 1.2 cup granulated sugar have to be stirred together in the bowl.
5) One tablespoon melted butter must also be added and stirred completely before setting aside.
6) Brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter should be combined in a freestanding mixers bowl and stop when the mixture becomes creamy.
7) Egg needs to be added and beaten until the mixture turns fluffy.
8) Then, almond extract and sour cream need to be added and beaten to fully combine.
9) Salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour have to be placed on a separate bowl and combined.
10) It should be added to the wet mixture and blended on a low speed with the help of a mixer or by hand. (Make sure that all ingredients are well combined).
11) The mixture has to be spooned into the prepared pan.
12) The peach wedges need to be placed on top of the batter so that it is fully covered.
13) The prepared nut topping must be sprinkled.
14) It should be baked for 45 to 50 minutes and then, cooled for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Egg - 1 no.
- Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup. (You must keep 1 tablespoon more)
- Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup. (Packed)
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup.
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup.
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup. (You can use regular or gluten free)
- Almond extract - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ripe firm yellow peaches - 4 nos. (They should be peeled and sliced into wedges with 1/4 inch thickness).
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup. (It needs to be finely chopped).
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon.