Fried Caprese Bombs
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to make a part caprese salad, part mozzarella stick that can be served at any get-together you want? This fried caprese bombs recipe makes you familiarize with such a dish.
You can make 16 balls with this fried caprese bombs recipe and the total time required for making this dish is 45 minutes.
1) The centers of the tomatoes should be scooped and discarded with the help a melon baller or apple corer or melon baller.
2) A mozzarella ball has to be pushed into each hollowed tomato and you need to be cautious not to rip the tomatoes.
3) The flour has to be poured in a shallow bowl and the breadcrumbs need to be poured in another bowl. Take a third bowl and the eggs must be eaten with the milk in that bowl.
4) The tomatoes have to be dipped into the flour and they should be rolled to create a good coating. Then, the tomatoes must be dipped into the egg mixture before rolling them in the breadcrumbs to coat. This coating procedure with egg and breadcrumbs need to be repeated one more time.
5) A saucepan has to be kept over medium-high heat and honey and balsamic vinegar must be combined.
6) They should be brought to a gentle boil and then, the heat has to be reduced and simmered for 10 minutes. You must make sure that the balsamic is reduced to 50% and coats pretty much easily on the spoon back.
7) It should be removed from the heat and kept at a safe place.
8) Take a skillet that is heavy-bottomed and half inch of oil must be heated up to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. (You have to take a high-walled skillet) by keeping the heat at medium-high.
9) The tomatoes have to be fired in batches and you have to turn it to achieve a golden brown color all over.
10) The tomatoes should be transferred to a paper towel-lined plate with the help of a slotted spoon and sea salt needs to be sprinkled as well.
11) The tomatoes can be served warm with some extra mozzarella balls and garnishing can be done using a basil leaf.
12) Balsamic reduction must be drizzled in before serving.
- Honey – 1/4 cup.
- Balsamic vinegar – 3/4 cup.
- Basil leaves – 1 small bunch. (For garnishing purposes)
- Tomatoes (Golf ball-sized) – 16 nos.
- Large eggs – 2 nos.
- Flaky sea salt – For sprinkling purposes. (You can use Maldon)
- Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls (1/2-inch size) – 16 nos. (They must be drained and dried using paper towels and you can keep some more for serving purposes)
- Vegetable or canola oil – For frying purposes.
- All-purpose flour - 1/2 cup.
- Milk – 2 tablespoons.
- Seasoned breadcrumbs - 1 cup.