Fried Pork Chops with Peas and Potatoes
Cooking time45 min
This fried pork chops with peas and potatoes recipe teaches you how to make a tasty pork dish with a unique flavor. Four servings can be made with this recipe and total cooking time needed is 30 minutes.
1) Oven should be preheated to 450 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Onion and potatoes need to be placed in a rimmed baking sheet and it should be drizzled with one tablespoon olive oil.
3) Half teaspoon each pepper and salt must be sprinkled in and baked in an oven for 25 minutes.) You can stop when the potatoes become tender and golden brown and onions soft.
4) At the same time; salt and pepper (1/2 teaspoon each) and 1/3 cup flour must be stirred together in a shallow dish.
5) The pork chops should be dredged in flour mixture and make sure that all sides are evenly coated.
6) Two teaspoons olive oil need to be heated in a skillet over medium-high heat.
7) Pork chops have to be added and cooked for 4 minutes per side.
8) Stop when they become golden and you must transfer to a platter.
9) 2 tablespoons butter need to be melted in the skillet and 1 tablespoon flour has to be added and whisked until become smooth.
10) Wine should be added and cooked for 2 minutes until reduced by one-third and stirred and scraped for loosening the browned bits on the bottom.
11) After adding the chicken stock, it should be brought to a boil and cooked for 4 minutes. Heat must be reduced to medium-low and stirred in an occasional manner. (You can stop when the sauce is thickened)
12) Peas should be cooked based on the instructions on the package and transferred to a bowl.
13) One tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt must be stirred in.
14) The pork should be served with potato mixture, peas and sauce, and parsley can be sprinkled before serving,
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley - 2 tablespoons. (It should be chopped)
- Microwave-in-bag petite green peas - 1 package (15 ounces)
- Chicken stock - 1 cup.
- Dry white wine - 1/4 cup.
- Unsalted butter - 3 tablespoons. (Divided)
- Bone-in pork chops - 4 nos. (Each one must be a 6-ounce piece and the thickness must be 1/2-inch)
- All purpose flour - 1/3 cup. (You need to keep one tablespoon more)
- Black pepper - 1 1/4 teaspoons. (Divided)
- Kosher salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons. (Divided)
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons. (Divided)
- Medium-size yellow onion - 1 no. (It has to be quartered)
- Yukon gold potatoes - 1 1/2 pounds. (Quartered)