Fried Potatoes with Poached Eggs
Cooking time45 min
How to make an exceptionally delicious dish that combines eggs with potatoes? This fried-potatoes with poached eggs recipe teaches you the best method for making such a dish.
With the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this recipe, you can serve for 6 people and the total time needed for cooking is 2 hours.
1) A large saucepan must be filled with cold water and potatoes should be added before bringing to a boil. (Keep the heat at medium level).
2) Heat needs to be lowered and keep at a simmering level before cooking for 20 minutes. (Make sure that a fork can be pierced through the potatoes but with a little bit of resistance).
3) The par-boiled potatoes must be drained and transferred to a baking sheet before freezing for 1 hour.
4) For making vinaigrette, the bacon needs to be cooked in a cast-iron skillet for 10 to 12 minutes. (Stop when the majority of the fat is rendered and turns crispy).
5) It has to be transferred to a plate that is lined with paper towel and then, crumble them.
6) The bacon fast should be poured into a bowl (heatproof) and set aside.
7) In a bowl, the mustard and 3 tablespoons of vinegar have to be whisked together. 8) 1/4 cup hot bacon fat must be streamed in slowly by whisking. (Make sure that it forms an emulsion).
9) Salt and pepper have to be sued for seasoning.
10) Now, the potatoes need to be removed from the refreigerator and they should be made cubes of 1/2-inch each.
11) The oven must be preheated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
12) 1 1/2 water (inches) and the remaining distilled water need to be poured into a large skillet (straight-sided) and they must be brought to a simmer.
13) The canola oil and 3 table spoons of reserved bacon fat have to be heated in the skillet that is utilized for the bacon. (Keep the heat at medium).
14) The red onions must be added and cooked for 4 to 6 minutes until they become soft.
15) After adding potatoes, it should be seasoned with pepper and salt liberally.
16) You have to saute for 4 to 6 minutes and stir frequently. (Stop when the potatoes cooked through).
17) The heat should be turned to medium level and you have to keep on cooking for 6 to 8 minutes until the potatoes turn brown and crispy. (Stir frequently).
18) The potatoes have to be transferred into the oven.
19) For poaching the eggs, the eggs need to be cracked into a cup. (one by one)
20) Then, each one should be slid into the water (simmering).
21) They need to be cooked for 3 to 5 minutes until become firm and turned occasionally using a slotted spoon.
22) It must be transferred to a plate that is towel-lined using a slotted spoon and sprinkled with pepper and pepper.
23) The potatoes have to be tossed with the vinaigrette.
24) You can serve by topping it with eggs (poached) and the remaining bacon and chives can be used for garnishing.
- 1) Russet potatoes – 2 pounds.
- 2) Sliced smoked bacon – 8 ounces.
- 3) White distilled vinegar - 1/4 cup. (You have to keep 3 tablespoons more).
- 4) German mustard - 2 tablespoons.
- 5) Pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 6) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 7) Canola oil - 3 tablespoons.
- 8) Red onion - 1 no. (Large and should be cut into 1/2-inch dice)
- 9) Eggs – 6 nos.
- 10) Fresh chives - 1/4 cup. (It must be sliced).