Cooking time45 min
Salads made using green veggies always offer a lot of health benefits. This Garden risotto recipe talks about how to prepare such a dish and it makes use of peas, spinach and asparagus to make a simple side dish that offers spectacular flavor and amazing health benefits.
If you use the same quantity of ingredients given in this garden risotto recipe, it can be served for 8 people. Total time needed for cooking is 45 minutes.
1) First of all, asparagus must be placed in a steamer basket.
2) Then, it should be placed in a small saucepan over 1-inch of water.
3) It should be brought to a boil.
4) You have to cover it and steamed for 2-3 minutes. (Stop when it becomes crisp-tender).
5) Set aside.
6) A saucepan needs to be taken and broth must be heated and kept warm.
7) A nonstick large skillet (coated with cooking spray) has to be taken and onion must be sauteed until it becomes tender.
8) The next step is to add rice and you have to cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
9) Heat needs to be reduced and, pepper, salt and wine have to be stirred in.
10) They must be cooked and stirred. (Stop when the liquid is absorbed).
11) Heated broth should be added (1/2 cup at a time) and stirring in constant manner. (You have to make sure that the liquid is absorbed between additions).
12) It should be cooked for 20 minutes until the rice becomes tender and risotto becomes creamy.
13) The reserved asparagus, peas and the spinach must be added and cooked until heated through.
14) It can be served immediately.
- 1) Fresh asparagus - 1/2 pound (They need to be trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces).
- 2) Reduced sodium chicken broth – 4 1/2 cups.
- 3) Medium sized onion - 1 no. (It should be chopped).
- 4) Olive oil - 2 teaspoons.
- 5) Uncooked Arborio rice - 11/2 cups.
- 6) Dry white wine - 1/2 cup. (Or you can use additional reduced-sodium chicken broth).
- 7) Salt - 1/2 teaspoon.
- 8) Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 9) Fresh baby spinach – 3 cups.
- 10) Frozen peas - 1 cup.
- 11) Grated parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup.