German-Style Creamed Spinach
Cooking time45 min
Do you know how to make a rich and creamy side dish that can be served with any type of German meat dish? This German-style creamed spinach recipe is the perfect answer to this question and it can be prepared with absolute ease as well. You just need 35 minutes to make this dish and you do not have to be an expert cook to make this dish.
If you follow the exact guidelines and the quantity of ingredients mentioned in this German-style creamed spinach recipe, you can serve it for 6 people.
1) First of all, the thawed spinach must be strained through a colander.
2) It should be wrapped in a kitchen towel.
3) Maximum liquid needs to be squeezed out. .
4) The next step is to take a large skillet. (Straight sided).
5) The heat has to be kept to medium level.
6) The butter needs to be melted in the skillet.
7 It is the time to cook the onions for 6 to 8 minutes and make sure that they become softened.
8) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
9) Now, the nutmeg and cream should be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes. (Make sure that the cream becomes half).
10) The cheese needs to be stirred in and it should melt in a proper manner.
11) The spinach must be mix in and combine in the best manner.
12) You have to cover the skillet.
13) It should be cooked for 8 to 10 minutes. (The heat has to be kept at medium to low level and stop when the spinach becomes tender.
14) Pepper and salt have to be used to season.
15) It can be transferred to a bowl and you can serve it immediately.
- 1) Frozen spinach (10-ounce box) – 2 nos. (It should be thawed).
- 2) Unsalted butter - 3 tablespoons.
- 3) Yellow onion (small) - 1 no. (It should be finely diced).
- 4) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 5) Pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 6) Heavy cream - 1 1/2 cups.
- 7) Grated nutmeg - 1/8 teaspoon.
- 8) Aged Gouda cheese - 2 cups (It should be grated).