Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
Cooking time45 min
This Greek lamb burgers with tzatziki recipe teaches you how to make highly tasteful burgers in an easy way. Following the correct quantity of ingredients recommended in this recipe allows you to make 4 burgers and total time needed to make this dish is one hour and ten minutes.
1) The cucumber slices should be salted using 1/2 teaspoon salt and they should be placed in a sieve over a bowl. (It is being done for draining purpose).
2) They must be refrigerated at least one hour. (You can do for 24 hours and do not forget to turn cucumbers occasionally)
3) Garlic, vinegar, herbs, yogurt and cucumbers need to be mixed in a bowl and stirred well to combine. (You can taste and season with salt if required).
4) All spices for the burgers have to be whisked together in a bowl and set aside.
5) 2 teaspoons of the spice mix need to be sprinkled over the ground lamb and it should be worked into the meat with the help of your hands or a spatula.
6) The seasoned meat has to be placed on a work surface and they should be formed into six patties. (It is being done to ensure even cooking and preventing the formation of domes in the middle).
7) Additional seasoning has to be sprinkled onto both sides of the patties.
8) Set aside on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes.
9) The grill must e preheated to high temperature for 10 minutes by keeping the lid closed.
10) The grates must be brushed using oil and burgers need to be added before closing the grill.
11) They should be cooked as you prefer (generally; 3 to 4 minutes on each side) and the burgers have to be flipped halfway through cooking,
12) The burgers must be taken out and set aside for 3 minutes while toasting the buns.
13) This dish can be served with tzatziki sauce and other toppings.
- #For tzatziki#
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon. (You can keep more to taste)
- English cucumber (thinly sliced) - 1 no.
- Plain Greek yogurt - 2 cups. (Full fat is advisable)
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They must be chopped).
- White wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Lightly packed fresh herbs - 1/3 cup. (They need to be chopped and you can use dill, parsley and mint).
- #For lamb burgers#
- Dried garlic powder or granules - 1 tablespoon.
- Dried onion granules - 1 tablespoon.
- Burger buns - 4 nos.
- Ground lamb - 1 1/2 pounds. (You can use a combination of beef and lamb)
- Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Dried oregano - 1/8 teaspoon.
- Dried lemon peel - 1/4 teaspoon. (It is an optional ingredient)
- #For serving#
- Tzatziki sauce
- Red onion
- Crumbled feta
- Sliced tomatoes