Greek Meatballs with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce and Rice
Cooking time45 min
If you are interested in knowing how to make an endearing supper meal with ease, you need to follow this Greek Meatballs with cucumber-yogurt sauce and rice recipe. If you follow the guidelines of this recipe, you can make 4 servings and total time needed for cooking is 40 minutes.
1) Broiler needs to be preheated by keeping the oven rack 6-inches away from the heat.
2) You have to take a large bowl, and half teaspoon pepper, one teaspoon salt, egg, crushed red pepper, parsley, oregano, feta cheese and ground chuck should be combined in the bowl.
3) 32 balls must be formed using this mixture.
4) They need to be placed on a baking sheet that is aluminum foil-lined rimmed.
5) The balls have to be broiled for 8 to 10 minutes and you can stop when the pink color disappears from the center.
6) At the same time; half teaspoon pepper, one teaspoon salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, mint, cucumber and yogurt must be stirred together in a bowl.
7) One cup cucumber yogurt sauce and 12 meatballs need to be reserved for stuffed pitas.
8) The remaining cucumber yogurt sauce and meatballs can be served with hot-cooked rice.
9) For making sauce-stuffed pitas, 12 meatballs should be reheated.
10) Three meatballs must be stuffed into each of 4 warm pita bread halves.
11) Red onion, tomato and lettuce should be added before topping with one cup yogurt sauce.
- Cooked basmati rice - 2 cups.
- Lemon zest - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh dill (Chopped) - 1 teaspoon.
- Fresh mint chopped - 3 tablespoons.
- Large cucumber - 1 no. (It must be peeled, seeded and grated)
- Whole milk Greek yogurt - 1 1/2 cups.
- Black pepper (Divided) - 1 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt (Divided) - 2 teaspoons.
- Large egg - 1 no. (Lightly beaten)
- Red pepper (Crushed) - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley (Chopped) - 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh oregano (Chopped) - 2 tablespoons.
- Feta cheese (Crumbled) - 4 ounces.
- Ground chuck - 2 pounds.