Greek Slaw and Chicken Pitas
Cooking time45 min
Greek dishes have always been a favorite dish among a large number of people all around the world. This Greek slaw and chicken pitas recipe is a quick-to-assemble sandwich and it can also be described as a salad in a pita. With the quantity of ingredients recommended in this Greek slaw and chicken pitas recipe, you can serve for 4 people and the total time needed to prepare this dish is 15 minutes. If your weeknights are busy, this is the one that you need to prepare and the taste can be described as amazingly delicious as well. First of all, you have to take a medium-sized bowl.
Pour lemon juice into the bowl.
Canola oil should be added.
Then, you need to add freshly ground black pepper.
Finally, add kosher salt.
You have to keep on stirring while adding these items.
The next step is to add cabbage.
Then the onions and cheese should also be added.
In order to combine them properly, you have to toss well.
Now, it is the time to divide chicken among pita halves in an even manner.
About 1/2 cup slaw must be spooned into each pita half.
- Canola oil – 1-1/ 2 tablespoons.
- Whole-wheat pitas (6-inch) – 4 nos. (They should be cut in half).
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoons.
- Green cabbage – 3 cups. (They should be thinly sliced).
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 /2 teaspoon.
- Skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken thigh – 4 ounces. (You have to slice it into thinly pieces).
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast – 8 ounces (You need to slice it into thinly pieces).
- Thinly sliced green onions – 1/2 cup.
- Feta cheese – 2 ounces or about 1/2 cup. (It should be crumbled).