Cooking time7 min
Do you really want to know the real taste of grilled asparagus? This grilled asparagus recipe teaches you how to make asparagus that can be eaten like French fries.
When you use the same quantity of ingredients as advocated in this grilled asparagus recipe, you can serve for 4 people. The preparation time needed for this dish is 15 minutes and the cooking time comes around only 7 minutes. It is always advisable to choose thick asparagus and the chubbiest spears do not easily dry out before they become partially burned.
1) First of all, the grill needs to be preheated. (High - direct heat)
2) In order to prepare the asparagus, you have to tough bottom ends must be cut off or broken off. (If you want, you can save it for stock; otherwise, they can be discarded),
3) The next step is to take a pan.
4) Asparagus must be placed into the pan. (You have to make sure that the pan contains the spears while placing them on and taking them out of the grill).
5) Te asparagus should be coated with olive oil.
6) Salt needs to be sprinkled over them.
7) Now, the grill grates have to be brushed with olive oil in a light manner.
8) The asparagus spears should be put on the grill. (When you place them, you must keep the thickest part of the asparagus toward the grills hottest part; if you want, a grill pan can be used and the heat must be kept at the high level).
9) Then, the asparagus spears have to be grilled for 2 to 4 minutes. (You need to stop when the asparagus spears are partially burned and they become brown on all sides as well).
10) You must turn them frequently to maintain the browning process even.
11) They can be removed and served immediately.
- Olive oil - 1 to 2 tablespoon.
- Asparagus - 1 pound.
- Kosher salt