Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions
Cooking time30 min
This grilled cheese with caramelized inions recipe talks about how to prepare a super tasty dish with great ease and comfort. You do not have to be chef to make this dish and people, who even do not know about cooking can make it with tremendous ease.
If you follow the exact guidelines and quantity of ingredients mentioned in this grilled cheese with caramelized inions recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. The preparation time needed for making dish is 15 minutes and the cooking time comes around 30 minutes. In other words, you can prepare this tasty dish within 45 minutes. Many people have become ardent fans of this delicious cheese and they are making it time and again to offer a wonderful culinary experience for their taste buds. If you serve this dish to your guests, you will be appreciated for your cooking skills.
1) Take a skillet.
2) Oil must be poured in the large skillet
3) Keep the heat at medium level.
4) Add onions.
5) They must be sauteed for 25 minutes and stop when they become soft and caramelized.
6) It should be seasoned with salt and pepper.
7) The next step is to transfer the onions to a plate.
8) Then, you have to butter both sides of the each bread slice in a generous manner.
9) In between the bread slices, the caramelized onions need to be piled in between two layers of cheese.
10) Now, you have to heat a large skillet or griddle.
11) Keep the heat over medium-low level.
12) The sandwiches should be cooked for 2 to 3 minutes per side. .
13) You should flip once.
14) The cooking process must be continued until the cheese melts and the bread turns golden brown.
15) The dish is ready to serve.
- 1) Olive oil - 2 tablespoons or 30ml
- 2) Large onions – 3 nos. (They should be sliced).
- 3) Salt – to taste
- 4) Pepper – to taste.
- 5) Bread - 8 thick slices
- 6) Butter - 1/4 cup or 60ml,
- 7) Grated aged Cheddar - 2 cups or 500ml