Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
Cooking time10 min
This grilled Mexican street corn (Elotes) recipe talks about an easy way of making a high quality corn with excellent taste and texture. If you follow the correct instructions and proper quantity of ingredients recommended in this recipe, you can serve for 6 to 8 people. Total time needed for preparation comes around 10 minutes and the process of cooking can be completed within 10 minutes as well.
1) The grill should be heated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. The grates must be cleaned once the grill gets heated)
2) Lime juice, lime zest, chipotle pepper, garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise and crema have to be combined and whisked together in a bowl.
3) The mixture needs to be tasted and then,seasoned using salt if required and set aside.
4) The corn needs to be placed on the grill grates.
5) It should be grilled for 3 minutes. (Make sure that the corn gets partially burned and turns golden brown).
6) It has to be turned over and the same procedure needs to be repeated.
7) You can remove from the grill onto a plate when all sides become brown.
8) The next step is to take a brush or spoon.
9) Each ear of corn should be coated using the crema mixture.
10) The cotija cheese has to be sprinkled in.
11) The chipotle pepper must also be sprinkled.
12) The corn is ready to serve and it can be served with the lime wedges.
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup.
- Mexican crema - 1/2 cup. (You can use sour cream)
- Medium ears sweet corn - 6 to 8 nos. (The husks have to be removed)
- Chipotle pepper (ground) - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Garlic clove (minced) - 1 no.
- Cilantro (minced) - 1/2 cup.
- Lime wedges - to serve.
- Crumbled cotija cheese - 1/2 cup.
- Lime juice - 2 tablespoons. (Taken from one lime)
- Lime zest - 2 teaspoons (Taken from one lime)