Grilled Skirt Steak with Red Peppers & Onions
Cooking time45 min
If you want to know how to make a delicious steak and vegetable combo in a fast manner, this grilled skirt steak with red peppers & onions recipe is the best one you can select. You can make 6 servings with this recipe and it can be made within 50 minutes.
1) Garlic clove, salt, pepper, mustard, coriander, sage, onion, wine vinegar and apple juice should be whisked in a blender to combine well. (Whisk in oil in a gradual manner)
2) 1 1/2 cups marinade need to be poured in a large re-sealable plastic bag and beef has to be added to the bag prior to sealing the bag and turning it to make a coating over the beef pieces.
3) The bag has to be refrigerated overnight and the remaining marinade should also be covered and refrigerated.
4) Remaining vegetables must be tossed with 1/4 cup marinade (reserved) in a large bowl.
5) Peppers and red onions need to be grilled covered for 4 to 6 minutes per side with heat being kept at medium level. (You can stop when they become tender)
6) Beef has to be drained after discarding the marinade in the bag and then, it should be grilled for 4 to 6 minutes by keeping the heat at medium level. (You can stop when the required doneness is achieved)
7) It must be basted with the remaining marinade during the last four minutes of cooking.
8) Allow the steak to stand 5 minutes.
9) The vegetables have to be chopped into bite-size pieces before transferring to a bowl.
10) Steak must be cut into thin slices and it has to be done diagonally across the grain.
11) They have to be added to the vegetables and tossed to blend well.
- Green onions – 12 nos. (Trimmed)
- Sweet red peppers (Halved) -1 no. (Medium)
- Red onions (Medium) – 2 nos. (They must be cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- Beef skirt steak – 1 no. (You have to cut it into 5-inch pieces)
- Olive oil – 1 cup.
- Garlic clove – 1 no. (Minced)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Freshly ground pepper – 3 teaspoons.
- Ground mustard – 3 teaspoons.
- Ground coriander – 3 teaspoons.
- Rubbed sage – 2 tablespoons.
- Onion (Finely chopped) – 1/4 cup.
- Red wine vinegar – 1/2 cup.
- Apple juice – 1/2 cup.