Ham and Lima Bean Fried Rice
Cooking time45 min
This ham and lima bean fried rice recipe shows you how to make an excellent dish with captivating taste. This recipe allows you to make 4 servings and you can make it within 30 minutes.
1) First of all, lima beans must be cooked in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes. (Make sure that it covers in a medium saucepan and heat need to kept at medium-high)
2) After cooking, it needs to be drained.
3) Green parts of scallions must be thinly sliced and keep it a safe place.
4) The white parts of scallions should also be thinly sliced and set aside.
5) 1 tablespoon of the oil should be heated in a big nonstick skillet and heat has to be kept at medium-high.
6) Beaten egg must be poured into skillet
7) Salt needs to be sprinkled and then cooked for one minute. (You can stop when egg is set on top and color becomes lightly brown on the bottom)
8) It should be flipped and cooked for 20 seconds.
9) Now, the egg should be transferred to a cutting board.
10) It needs to be folded in half, and chopped in a rough way.
11) Remaining 2 tablespoons oil must be heated in the skillet and heat must be kept at medium-high.
12) Garlic,carrots, ham and white scallion slices must be added and cooked for 4 minutes.(You have to stir continuously and cooking can be stopped when ham becomes lightly brown and vegetables become tender.
13) Sesame oil and rice must be added and cooked for 2 minutes and keep on stirring (You can stop when the rice becomes hot)
14) Green scallion slices, lima beans, soy sauce and chopped egg must be stirred in.
- Frozenbaby lima beans – 1 1/2 cups
- Scallions –5 nos.
- Peanut or canola oil - 3 tablespoons (Divided)
- Large eggs – 2 nos. (Lightly beaten)
- Kosher salt - 1/8 teaspoon.
- Cubed ham - 1 cup
- Matchstick carrots -2/3 cup. (Roughly chopped)
- Minced garlic - 2 teaspoons
- Microwavable white rice - 2 pouches or 8.8 ounces. (You can use Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice andit must be prepared based on the package directions)
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 1/4 cup.