Hearty Beef and Freezer Veggie Soup
Cooking time45 min
How to make a comforting dish that combines beef and vegetable soup in a perfect way? This hearty beef and freezer veggie soup recipe teaches you how to make such a dish. If you follow this recipe, you can make 8 servings and the total time needed for cooking comes around 40 minutes.
1) Oil must be heated on a Dutch oven and the heat has to be kept at medium-high.
2) Garlic, seasoning blend and stew meat must be added to the oven.
3) Then, they need to be cooked for 8 to 10 minutes.
4) You need to stir often and the cooking process must be stopped when the seasoning blend becomes tender and the meat becomes brown.
5) Thyme, pepper, green beans, lima beans okra, corn, tomatoes and broth should be stirred in.
6) This mixture has to be brought to a boil.
7) After having reduced the heat to low, it should be simmered for 15 to 20 minutes.
8) You have to stir in an occasional manner and stop when vegetables become tender.
9) The pasta must be stirred in and it needs to be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Stirring must be done in an occasional way and you can stop cooking when the pasta becomes tender.
11) Each serving can be topped with 1 or 2 tablespoons basil pesto.
- Uncooked Ditalini pasta - 1/2 cup.
- Dried thyme - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Frozen cut green beans - 1 cup.
- Refrigerated basil pesto (Optional)
- Frozen baby lima beans - 1 cup.
- Frozen cut okra - 1 cup.
- Frozen cut corn - 2 cups.
- Petite diced tomatoes - 2 Cans (14.5 ounces)
- Vegetable broth - 2 cartons. (32 ounces)
- Garlic cloves - 2 nos. (Minced)
- Frozen seasoning blend (You can use Pict-sweet) - 1 package (12 ounces)
- Cubed lean stew meat - 1 pound.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.