Homemade peach jam
Cooking time45 min
Homemade peach jam is requires not more than 40 minutes to cook. for you to cook this type of food, you will need the ingredients and the method. You should allow the peach jam to cool before you serve. All that you need is readily available in the local shopping malls or supermarket.Let us look at what you need and the method of cooking.
If you want to prepare enough peach jam, you may need to consider buying a large saucepan. A big sauce pan allows you to make enough peach jam.
1. The first thing you will need to do is to rinse the peaches then divide into two portions and remove the pips. After that, you will need to dice the fruits and then put the diced peaches, zest and lemon juice and some salt into a stainless-steel saucepan. You will then need to take it to the boil and then simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes as you stir.
2. The second step is to add some sugar to the pan. You will not add a lot of sugar. The quantity of sugar to be added depends on the size of the food you want to prepare. Stir the sugar until it dissolves completely. Boil the jam for about 15 minutes until it reaches a setting point.
3. At this point, you will now remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for about 15-20 minutes before you spoon it into the sterilized jars.
4. You will now be able to make vanilla or peach jam.If you want to add the vanilla flavor, you will simply need to add a little vanilla.
- 1.4 kilogram of peaches
- Juice & zest of two lemons
- One kilogram caster or jam sugar.
- Those are actually the only ingredients you need.