Homemade Sausage Rolls
Cooking time45 min
You might have eaten different types of sausage rolls. Are you a great fan of these types of dishes? If you are one among the ardent lovers of sausage rolls, this homemade sausage rolls recipe is going to give a surprise for your taste buds. The bacon is the secret weapon and it is moister than the traditional ones. Total time need for cooking comes around 45 minutes and if you follow the exact quantity of ingredients recommended in this homemade sausage rolls recipe, you can serve this dish for 20 people. Take a non stick fry pan. Pour oil.
Place it over medium high heat.
The next step is to saute onion, garlic and celery for 2 minutes.
Now, bacon must be added.
It should be cooked for another two minutes and you do not have to brown the bacon.
Then, the bacon should be transferred to a bowl.
Allow to cool in a slight manner.
The remaining filling ingredients should placed into the bowl.
Mix well using your hands.
Now, a rectangle of pastry must be laid out and the long edge should be closest to you.
The egg should be brushed along one long edge.
You must take 1/2 of the filling
It should be shaped into a long log shape down the middle of the pastry.
You need to make sure that the meat is compact and tight and, there should not be any gaps.
It should be rolled up, sealing on the edge with egg wash on it.
You can refrigerate it for 1 hour if you want.
The oven must be preheated to 350F/180C.
Each log should be cut into four equal lengths.
If you really like full size sausage rolls, you can cut it into two equal lengths.
Brush with egg.
Then, it should be placed on 2 baking trays lined with baking paper.
You have to bake for 25 to 30 minutes by swapping trays halfway.
Stop when the pastry turns deep golden brown.
Cool on trays.
You can serve warm at room temperature.
- Brown onion – 1 no. (It should be finely chopped).
- Olive oil – 1/2 tablespoon.
- Whole fennel seeds – 2 teaspoons.
- Minced garlic cloves – 2 nos.
- Celery – 1 stalk. (It should be finely chopped).
- Pork mince – 1 lb/500 grams. (You must choose ground pork not lean one).
- Finely chopped bacon – 50oz/150 grams. (You have to choose streaky and fatty stuff not the lean one).
- Egg – 1 no.
- Panko breadcrumbs – 3/4 cup/40 grams.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Black pepper – to taste.
- #Baking and serving#
- Thawed puff pastry – 2-1/2 sheets (Each should be cut into half).
- Ketchup or tomato sauce
- Lightly whisked egg – 1 no.