Cooking time45 min
Most people are making use of red tomatoes to make caprese salad. You can come across different varieties of cherry tomatoes and they are available in beautiful colors and flavors as well. This insalate caprese recipe utilizes a combination of cherry tomatoes to make one of the most popular seasonal salads. It puts forward an effective method to blend ripe tomatoes, olive oil and cheese harmoniously and this recipe can be described as a bite-size salad. You can make it in fast manner and the method of preparation is totally uncomplicated as well. The first bite is going to offer a wonderful experience for the taste buds and it is going to linger in memory forever as well.
If the correct quantity of ingredients is used as advocated in this insalate caprese recipe, you can make three cups of salad.
1) First of all, you need to take a large bowl.
2) The next step is to add tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
3) Basil leaves must also be added.
4) 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil should be drizzled over the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella balls.
5) Pepper and salt have to be added to taste.
6) You have to toss the salad in a gentle manner and make sure that it is coated properly.
7) If you want to enjoy the fullest flavor, it has to be served at room temperature.
- Fresh ciliegine mozzarella in water - 1 to 8 gram container. (The size must be cherry like and it should be drained as well).
- Olive oil - 1 to 2 tablespoons. (For drizzling purposes)
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 pint. (You can use mixed varieties and they should be de-stemmed and rinsed).
- Fresh basil leaves (large) - 6 nos.
- Black pepper (freshly ground) - to taste.
- Salt - to taste.