Irish beef stew
Cooking time40 Min
What makes Irish beef stew an immensely popular dish? Several reasons contribute towards making this dish popular but the most prominent reason is the fact that it is a nice medley of tender beef, highly delicious froth and tasty veggies. You can make it more beautiful and flavorful with red wine and beer. It can be served with a small salad and crusty bread and, this beef stew is the ideal option for a perfect Sunday dinner on a cold night. Ardent lovers of beef stew always show keen interest in preparing Irish beef stew and this wonderful dish makes you relaxed and comfortable. The method of preparation is really simple and, the texture and aroma are going to mesmerize your senses. This Irish beef stew recipe follows an uncomplicated method of approach and it teaches you how to prepare the Irish beef stew with utmost ease and comfort. First of all, you have to take a crock-pot. Place the chopped vegetables in the crock-pot.
The beef needs to be rinsed well. Then, it should be pat dried using paper towels.
The next step is to add salt and pepper to the beef.
Now, you have to take a large heavy-bottomed frying pan. Pour olive oil and heat the olive oil at medium-high heat.
Then, the beef should be transferred to the pan. Brown the beef for 5 to 7 minutes. You need to make sure that beef turns brown on all sides.
Now, the garlic should be added. Cook for one minute. (The most important thing to remember is that you should not burn the garlic). Season with salt and pepper.
Then, you have to remove the beef from the pan. Place the beef into the Crockpot on top of the vegetables. Turn the heat to the medium level.
Now, you must place butter into the pan. Wait until the butter melts.
Then, you must add thyme and sugar. Add beef froth and tomato paste. The beet needs to be poured. The soy sauce should be added.
Now, you have to pour red wine as well.
In order to mix all the ingredients really well, you have to use a wooden spoon. You can use the same spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil for at least two to three minutes.
Now, the heat needs to be lowered.
The next step is to simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You have to add cornstarch. Water also should be added. And stir all these ingredients together.
Now, you have to pour the broth mixture over the vegetables and beef.
Then, you have to add bay leaves.
Cook on the crock-pot for 4 to 9 hours depending on the intensity of the heat. If you want to cook on high heat, the cooking time should be limited to 4-6 hours and on low heat, you have to cook for 6 to 9 hours.
Now, the Irish beef stew is ready to serve.
- Medium-sized yellow or white onion - 1 no. (You have to chop into small pieces).
- Russet potatoes - 2 lbs. (They should be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces and, the quantity should be 2 cups).
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Baby red potatoes - 2 lbs (They should be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- Celery stalks - 4 Nos. (They need to be chopped and the quantity has to be 1 1/2 cups).
- Beef stew - 1 3/4 lbs (You have to cut it into 1-inch pieces).
- Carrots - 5 Nos. (They will have to be peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- Salted butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic cloves - 3 Nos. (They should be minced).
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons.
- Guinness - 3/4 cup.
- Low sodium beef broth - 2 cups.
- Red wine - 3/4 cup.
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- White sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Bay leaves- 2 Nos.
- Dried thyme - 1/2 tablespoon.
- Cornstarch – 1 tablespoon.
- Water - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt and pepper - to taste.