Italian Chopped Salad in Shells
Cooking time180 min
Salads have always been a great appetizer. A lot of people love salads and they are extremely healthy if you make them in the proper way. Some salads always stand out while some others fall short in terms of taste and texture. What could be the reason? You have to use top quality ingredients and the method of preparation should be excellent if you want to make a top quality salad. This Italian chopped salads in shells recipe teaches you how to make a highly tasty salad that offers a mesmerizing experience for your taste buds.
The preparation time needed for this dish is 3 hours and the cooking time comes around 10 minutes. The chilling time of 2 hours is added to the preparation time. If you follow the exact guidelines and quantity of ingredients recommended in this Italian chopped salads in shells recipe, you can make 36 appetizers. It is a very elegant dish and you can put together it with great comfort.
Pasta shells must be cooked according to the guidelines given in the package.
Then, you have to drain it.
Allow to cool.
Take a medium bowl.
The next step is to take all ingredients except roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing and place them onto the bowl.
The roasted garlic vinaigrette must be poured over the salad.
You have to toss it properly to form good coat.
The shells need to be stuffed with salad.
It should be covered and refrigerated for 2 hours.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Romaine lettuce – 4 cups. (They should be properly chopped).
- Coarsely chopped cooked chicken – 1 cup.
- Jumbo pasta shells package – 1 no. (The quantity must be equivalent to 16 ounces).
- Fresh basil – 1/2 cup. (It should be chopped).
- Tomatoes – 1 cup. (They need to be coarsely chopped).
- Roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing – 1/3 cup.
- Italian hard salami – 3 ounces (It must be chopped).
- Cucumber – 3/4 cup. (It should also be chopped coarsely).