Italian salad dressing
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to a make a unique and classic Italian salad dressing? This Italian salad dressing recipe teaches you how to make an excellent dressing in a speedy and easy way.
With the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this Italian salad dressing recipe, you can make 1 1/2 cups. You can replace neutral oil with olive oil but enough care must be taken not to allow the olive oil dominate other flavors. If you want to make dressing, you can scale the ingredients proportionately.
1) Take a jar with a tight fitting lid.
2) All ingredients must be added to the jar.
3) They should be combined properly.
4) Combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
5) The jar has to be shaken in a vigorous manner to get a thickened mixture and you can stop when all ingredients are well combined. (Another option is add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well until combined).
6) The dressing can be tasted with lettuce leaf and the seasonings must be adjusted.
7) You can keep the dressing in the refrigerator for a good number of weeks.
- 1) Neutral salad oil 1 cup. (You can use canola oil).
- 2) White wine vinegar - 1/4 cup.
- 3) Red wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons.
- 4) Garlic clove - 1 large no. (It must be pressed).
- 5) Shallots - 2 tablespoons. (It needs to be finely chopped).
- 6) Red bell pepper - 2 tablespoons. (You must chop them finely).
- 7) Dijon mustard - 2 teaspoons.
- 8) Honey - 1 teaspoon.
- 9) Kosher salt - 1 teaspoon. (You can keep some more to taste).
- 10) Dried oregano - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 11) Dried marjoram - 1/4 teaspoon.
- 12) Red pepper flakes a pinch.
- 13) Black pepper to taste. (Freshly ground).