Cooking time45 min
How to make a perfect combination of breaded veal cutlet and savory sauce? This Jaeger schnitzel recipe teaches you how to prepare such a unique dish.
For the gravy
1) Take a large skillet and cook the bacon for 10 to 12 minutes it becomes crispy and majority of the fat is rendered. (Heat must be medium).
2) It should be transferred to a plate that is paper-towel-lined and set aside.
3) Onions must be added and cooked for 4 to 6 minutes until get softened.
4) Mushrooms and thyme should be stirred in and cooked for 4 to 6 minutes longer. (Make sure that mushrooms are reasonably cooked through.
5) Beef stock (1/4 cup) needs to be stirred in and flour also must be stirred in before cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) The remaining stock has to be added and brought to a boil . (keep the at medium-high level).
7) The next step is to simmer and it should be cooked around 8 minutes while stirring in a frequent manner. (Make sure that the sauce gets thickened to the gravy consistency.
8) Cover and set aside.
For the Wiener schnitzel
1) Each veal cutlet should be placed in between 2 plastic wrap pieces.
2) Each one needs to be pounded with a meat mallet’s spiky side to tenderize it and then, salt and pepper should be used to season lightly.
3) The braeding station need to be set up.
4) The flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt must be whisked together in a baking dish.
5) Take another shallow dish and the eggs and mustard should be whisked together.
6) The breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt have to be combined in another baking dish.
7) Each veal cutlet has to be dredged in the flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs consecutively.
8) It must be transferred to the sheet that is lined with a rack (cooling) and then, it should be refriegerated for 15 minutes.
9) The oven has to be preheated to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit.
10) Take a big skillet (cast-iron) and 2 tablespoons oil should be heated medium-high heat.
11) 2 tablespoon butter should be melted into the oil. (Make sure that it begins to bubble).
12) Then, one breaded veal cutlet must be added and cooked for 3 to 4 minutes until it is cooked through and becomes brown on both the sides. (Keep on moving the pan regularly and flip once).
13) It should be transferred to the sheet (baking).
14) Use salt and pepper to season and in the oven, keep it warm.
15) Using the same method, the remaining cutlets should be cooked (You must make sure that the pan is wiped and it is always advisable to utilize new butter and oil each time.
16) As veal cutlets are being cooked, the finished cutlets can be kept on adding to the sheet that is kept in the oven.
17) According to this Jaeger schnitzel recipe, you can top Wiener schnitzel with parsley, reserved bacon and gravy as well.
- #For gravy#
- 1) Sliced bacon - 8 ounces. (You have to cut it into 1/4-inch pieces).
- 2) Yellow onion – 1 no. (It must be chopped into 1/4-inch size pieces).
- 3) Cremini mushrooms - 8 ounces. (You must slice it into 1/4-inch thick).
- 4) Fresh thyme - 1 teaspoon. (It has to be chopped)
- 5) Beef stock - 2 cups.
- 6) All purpose flour - 1 tablespoon (You have to keep 1 teaspoon more).
- #For Wiener schnitzel#
- 1) Veal cutlets – 4 nos. (They should be 5-ounce and pounded 1/8- inch thick)
- 2) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 3) Pepper (freshly ground) – to taste.
- 4) All purpose flour -1 cup.
- 5) German hot mustard - 2 tablespoons.
- 6) Eggs – 3 nos.
- 7) Plain dried breadcrumbs – 2 cups.
- 8) Canola oil - 1/2 cup.
- 9) Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup.
- 10) Flat-leaf parsley - 1/4 cup. (It must be roughly chopped; for garnishing purposes).