Jerk Chicken and Dumplings
Cooking time45 min
This jerk chicken and dumplings recipe teaches you how to make a tasteful dish to offer a wonderful eating experience for the guests.
You can serve this dish Jerk chicken and dumplings recipe can be served for 3 people and the total time for cooking is 2 hour 55 minutes.
1) The chicken should be cut into pieces (wings, drumsticks and thighs) and they must be dropped into a bowl.
2) The garlic must be peeled and rough chopped.
3) They should be added to a large bowl.
4) The ginger should be cut into long thin slices.
5) They must be added to the bowl.
6) The chicken pieces must be tossed and mixed together.
7) 2 tablespoons of jerk seasoning spice should be rubbed into the bowl.
8) You have to use your hands to mix to coat the chicken.
9) The bowl must be covered and needs to be kept in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
10) The oven needs to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
11) A large pan needs to be placed on high heat.
12) A good layer of oil must be added.
13) When the oil becomes hot, chicken has to be added.
14) When the heat hits the pan, you can hear a sizzle.
15) The chicken needs to be browned for 5 to 6 minutes on one side.
16) Then, the pieces should be flipped over and the pan must be placed in the oven for 10 minutes for roasting. (Stop when the chicken pieces are cooked through).
17) The next step is to julienne celery, green onions, bell pepper and carrots and they should be dropped into a big mixing bowl.
18) The cilantro must be added.
19) When the chicken starts coming out of the oven, it should be removed from pan.
20) Set aside.
21) The pan must be placed over medium heat.
22) The ginger beer should be poured into the pan for deglazing.
23) All the brown bits must be stirred up.
24) The Kaffir lime leaves and cinnamon must be added.
25) Simmer for a few minutes and add the butter. (You have to stir in).
26) The chicken pieces have to be tossed with the vegetables.
27) The juice of a lime needs to be added and plated up in a mound.
28) The sauce must be drizzled over top.
29) You have to place 2 or 3 fried dumplings on the side.
30) A couple of lime wedges can be added for garnishing.
31) 1/2 to 1-inch vegetable oil should be poured into a heavy-bottom saucepan, and it should be heated until becoming sizzling hot.
32) Take large bowl and sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour and cornmeal must be mixed together.
33) You have to work in the cold butter using your hands. You need to rub the butter bits into the flour and break them up like small pea-size pieces.
34) The milk should be added to create loose dough.
35) It should be dropped into a large spoonful of hot oil fried for 3 minutes per side. (Stop when it turns brown in a fair manner)
36) The warm dumplings can be served beside the Jerk chicken.
- #Crunchy Fried Dumplings#
- 1) Vegetable oil – for frying purposes.
- 2) All-purpose flour - 1 cup.
- 3) Cornmeal - 1/2 cup.
- 4) Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- 5) Baking soda - 1 teaspoon.
- 6) Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- 7) Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- 8) Cold butter - 2 tablespoons. (It should be cubed).
- 9) Milk - 1 1/4 cups.
- 10) Whole chicken legs and wings – 3 nos
- 11) Head garlic – 1 no.
- 12) Ginger piece -1 no (3 to 4-inch) (It should be peeled).
- 13) Jerk seasoning - 1 tablespoon.
- #Canola oil - For frying purposes#
- 1) Sweet red bell paper – 1/2 (It should be seeded).
- 2) Small carrots – 3 nos.
- 3) Green onions – 2 nos.
- 4) Celery stalks with leaves – 3 nos.
- 5) Fresh cilantro leaves – 1 bunch (It should be chopped).
- 6) Jamaican ginger beer - 3/4 cup.
- 7) Dash ground cinnamon – to taste.
- 8) Kaffir lime leaves – 3 nos.
- 9) Nub of butter - 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- 10) Limes – 2 nos.