Kare Kare Chicken Wings
Cooking time45 min
Generally speaking, Kare Kare dish is a slow cooked stew, but this Kare Kare chicken wings recipe teaches you a dish that can be used as a snack or even main course.
1) All marinade ingredients must be combined and marinated for 12 hours.
2) Oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
3) A wire rack needs to be set up inside each baking sheet that is large rimmed.
4) The wings should be divided between the prepared racks and they must be spread out in a single layer.
5) The wings have to baked for 45 to 50 minutes and make sure that the skin turns crispy and they are cooked through as well.
6) Another baking sheet has to be lined using foil and a wire rack must be sued to top with.
7) The wings need to be added to the sauce and tossed to coat in an even way.
8) The wings have to be placed in a single layer on the prepared rack and baked for 8 minutes.
9) If you want, extra sauce can be brushed on.
1) 1) All marinade ingredients must be combined and marinated for 12 hours.
2) Oil must be heated in a deep fryer at 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
3) Sufficient oil has to be used for covering the wings completely.
4) All the wings should be added to the hot oil and fried for 10 to 15 minutes. (You can stop when some parts of the wings start turning dark brown.
5) The wings have to be removed from the oil into a paper towel and drained.
6) The wings should be submerged in sauce and make sure that the coating is even.
7) You can serve the dish.
1) Oil must be heated in saucepan and the heat has to be kept high.
2) Onions and garlic should be added when the oil is hot.
3) When garlic turns brown and onions become transparent, remaining sauce ingredients have to be added and brought to a boil.
4) Heat needs to be reduced to low and simmered until the sauce starts turning thickened. (You need to keep on stirring occasionally)
5) Extra pepper and salt can be added to season if you want.
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cayenne pepper - 1 teaspoon.
- Black pepper - 1 tablespoon.
- Sea salt - 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon. (Grated)
- Garlic cloves - 5 nos. (Finley chopped)
- Chicken wings - 4 pounds.
- Fresh onions - 2 tablespoons. (Minced)
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (Finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Slated shrimp paste - 1 tablespoon. (Optional)
- Fish sauce - 2 tablespoons. (You can use sea salt)
- Peanut butter - 1 3/4 cups. (You can keep 2 tablespoons more)
- Chicken stock or broth - 3 1/4 cups.