Kentucky beef stew
Cooking time40 Min
Why many people cannot speak when they hear about Kentucky beef stew? The simple answer is that the mouthwatering taste is what makes them speechless. Some people simply cannot survive without Kentucky beef stew and they would almost anything to get one bowl. If you have not tasted it yet, you may wonder why people love this dish more than anything else. Are you are wondering why many ardent fans of Kentucky beef stew show such great affinity towards this dish? You can garnish this dish using chopped, roasted red peppers or olive roasted red peppers as well. The rich taste and fine texture of this wonderful dish can be described as truly captivating and it can be said without any doubt that Kentucky beef stew has won the hearts of millions of people all around the world. First of all, you must wash the beef cubes with clean water. You should use cool running water to remove the impurities. After cleaning, you have to make it dry. (Remove all water contents using blot dry).
The next step is to mix the flour with the salt and pepper. Beef needs to be dredged in the seasoned flour mixture.
Then, you need to keep in a safe place for 10 minutes.
Now, you must pour oil in a Dutch oven or a heavy stock pot. The oil has to be heated for a few minutes. It is the time to place the beef on the pot.
Then, you have to heat it for 5 minutes. Make sure that the meat turns brown on all sides.
Now, the process of de-glazing the pot needs to be done using bourbon. You have to add 1/2 cup beef stock.
The next step is to stir well. The bottom side of the pot should be scraped using a wooden spoon. It is being done to loosen the browned pieces lying at the bottom.
Then, you should add thyme. The bay leaves have to be added. Garlic needs to be added. Put rosemary sprig into pot. And add ground allspice.
The next step is to add the remaining beef stock. Parsley sprigs and thyme should also be added. You need to stir well to mix the ingredients properly.
Then, bring to a boil.
Now, you have to lower the heat. (Simmer is the best option). The pot should be kept covered for 2 hours. At the meantime, you have to stir occasionally.
After 2 hours, add tomatoes. Carrots should be added. It is the time to add onions.
The next step is to add the potatoes. You must add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and celery as well and stir well.
Now, you have to cook for 45 minutes again.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Beef cubes - 3 lbs (They should be cut in 1-inches).
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons.
- Ground pepper - 1/4 tablespoon.
- Kentucky Bourbon - 1/4 cup.
- Flour - 1/2 cup
- Bay leaves - 2 Nos.
- Kosher salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Beef stock or broth - 12 cups
- Garlic cloves - 2 Nos. (They should be minced).
- Parsley sprigs - 6 Nos.
- Ground allspice - 1/4 teaspoon.
- White potatoes - 3 Nos. (It should be cut in 1/2-inch and it should be washed and drained as well).
- Carrots - 3 Nos. (They should be cut in 1/2 inch).
- Oregano - 1 teaspoon.
- Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon.
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- Rosemary sprig - 1 Nos. (Needles should be removed).
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons.
- Celery stalks - 3 Nos. (It should be cut in 1/2 inch).
- Halved tomatoes - 2 cups.
- Big yellow onions - 2 Nos. (It should be cut in 1/2 inch).