Korean Beef Skewers
Cooking time8 min
How to make flavorsome beef skewers? This Korean Beef Skewers Recipe makes you familiarize with the best method of preparing excellent beef skewers. If you use the correct quantity of ingredients mentioned in this Korean beef skewers recipe, you can make 4 to 6 servings. The preparation time for this dish is 10 minutes and the cooking time can be completed within 8 minutes.
1) Gochujang, sesame oil, vinegar, rice wine, mirin and tamari must be whisked together in a bowl to make the marinade. (You have to keep on whisking to combine the ingredients really well).
2) The skirt steak must be cut into strips (2-inch wide) and these strips should be placed onto the bowl containing marinade.
3) Stir well to form good coating and the beef strips have to be marinated for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature. (If you are making use of the wooden skewers, they have to be soaked in water for 20 minutes).
4) The grill must be preheated for 20 minutes. (Make sure that your palms can be held over only for 2 minutes against grill grates).
5) The meat has to be threaded onto the skewers and oil should be used to brush.
6) The skewers must be grilled for 4 minutes.
7) Then, the skewers need to be flipped and grilled for another 3 to 4 minutes. (Make sure that the steak achieves the doneness you want).
8) The sesame seeds should be sprinkled over the skewers.
9) Mint or cilantro can also be sprinkled if you want.
10) The dish is ready to serve and it can be served with gochujang, nori, kimchi and rice.
- Mirin - 1/4 cup.
- Gochujang - 2 tablespoons. (You can use light miso)
- Tamari or soy sauce - 1/4 cup.
- Canola oil or other neutral oil
- Rice wine vinegar - 1/4 cup.
- Skirt steak - 1 1/2 pounds. (Flank steak or flap steak is a good option)
- Sesame oil - 2 tablespoons.
- #For serving#
- Cilantro or mint leaves.
- Nori (Seaweed sheets) -optional.
- Sesame seeds - 2 tablespoons.
- Cooked rice (Optional)