Cooking time45 min
Do you know how to make a well balanced and tasteful dessert? You can follow this lemon bars recipe to learn how to make a simple and tasteful dessert. This lemon bars recipe allows you to make 15 bars.
1) A 2-quarts saucepan should be taken, and eggs and sugar have to be whisked together in the pan. (Make sure that the mixture becomes smooth)
2) The pan has to be put over medium heat and cooked until thickened to achieve loose pudding consistency.
3) The pan must be removed from the heat and butter has to be added. (A couple of butter should be added at a time)
4) When the mixture becomes smooth, it must be transferred to a dish and covered using a plastic wrap.
5) It has to be refrigerated for 2 hours at least. (Make sure that it becomes firm)
6) Oven should be heated to 325 Degree Fahrenheit.
7) Flour, two types of sugars and butter must be combined in a bowl and they should be beaten using a hand mixer (medium speed). You need to make sure that all ingredients are properly combined.
8) It has to be transferred to an 8-inch baking pan that is parchment paper lined and pressed into the bottom.
9) This mix should be baked for 30 minutes. (You can stop when turned lightly golden.
10) The over temperature has to be lowered to 300 Degree Fahrenheit and the lemon curd needs to be poured over the crust.
11) The baking process should be continued for 10 minutes and you can when it becomes a bit loose in the center.
12) Allow to cool before refrigerating to make it firm.
13) It should be cut into squares and the confectioners sugar must be dusted prior to serving.
- #Lemon curd#
- Juice and zest - Taken from two large lemons.
- Eggs- 3 nos.
- Sugar - 1 cup.
- Unsalted butter - 8 tablespoons. (It must be cubed and chilled)
- #Shortbread crust#
- Flour - 1 1/3 cups.
- Confectioners sugar - 2 1/2 tablespoons. (You can keep some more for dusting purposes)
- Sugar - 2 1/2 tablespoons.
- Unsalted butter -12 tablespoons. (Softened)