Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
Cooking time45 min
You can find a lot of people who are addicted to various types of soups. If you want to learn how to make a wonderful chicken soup that is highly comforting, you just need to follow this simple lemon chicken and rice soup recipe. When you use the same quantity of ingredients advocated in this recipe, you can serve for 4 people and this soup can be made within 40 minutes.
1) First of all, you need to place a large pot over medium high heat.
2) Pour oil and heat.
3) The next step is to add the chicken.
4) It should be seasoned with half lemon zest, pepper and salt.
5) Cook the chicken for 5 minutes and make sure that it becomes brown on all sides.
6) Onion and garlic must be added and sauteed for 2 to 3 minutes. (The bottom of the pan needed to be scraped)
7) Salt should be used to season.
8) Celery and carrot have to be added and cooked for 5 minutes. (Make sure that the vegetables turned soft)
9) Then, cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken stock should be added and simmered for 5 minutes.
10) Green onions must also be added.
11) The remaining lemon zest can be used to garnish.
- Green onions - 2 nos. (They need to be thinly sliced)
- Cooked white rice - 1 cup.
- Chicken stock - 1 qt.
- Celery stalks - 2 nos. (They have to be diced)
- Carrots - 2 nos. (They should also be diced)
- Chopped onion - 1 no.
- Garlic clove - 1 no. (Minced)
- Juice and zest - Taken out of one lemon.
- Black pepper - to taste. (Freshly ground)
- Kosher salt - to taste.
- Chicken - 1 lb. (It must be cut into half inch cubes)
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tablespoon.