Lime & coconut ice lollies
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making an ice treat that blends lime and coconut to offer an unbelievable taste? This lime & coconut ice lollies recipe talks about the easiest way to make an ice treat of exceptional quality. The unique combination of lime juice and creamy coconut offers an unbelievable experience for your taste buds. This is a pretty easy treat to make and the dried coconut adds the much needed finishing touch.
If you follow the guidelines advocated in this recipe correctly, you can make 10 lollies. The preparation time is 10 minutes and 4 hours are needed for freezing.
1) Take a large bowl.
2) The vanilla bean paste, sugar, half the zest, lime juice and coconut milk must be added to the bowl.
3) These ingredients should be mixed together and you have to make sure that the mixture becomes well combined and smooth.
4) The next step is to take the ice lolly mold and the mixture has to be divided between 10 cavities of the ice lolly mold.
5) A stick should be inserted into the middle of each mixture available in the cavities and they should be frozen solid for around for 4 hours. (Since the mixture is really thick, inserting the stick becomes an easy process).
6) Take a small dry pan and the desiccated coconut oil in the pan.
7) It should be cooked over medium heat until it turns lightly toasted and during the cooking process, you must keep on stirring regularly.
8) It must be tipped onto a plate and remaining zest needs to be mixed.
9) For removing the lollies, the mold has to be dipped in hot water for a few seconds and you have to remove the lollies in a careful manner.
10) Each lolly must be dipped into the coconut mixture.
11) The treat is ready to serve.
- Lime juice - Taken out of 7 to 8 limes. (The quantity must be equivalent to 150 ml).
- Lime zest - Taken out of 2 limes.
- Sweetened desiccated coconut - 100 grams.
- Coconut milk - 400 ml can.
- Vanilla bean paste - 140 grams.
- Golden caster sugar - 140 grams.