Lola Fries with Rosemary
Cooking time45 min
This Lola fries with rosemary recipe is an excellent way of making a great dish.
Total tie needed for cooking this Lola fries with rosemary is 1 hour and 40 minutes and you can serve it for 6 to 8 people.
1) First of all, the potatoes must be peeled.
2) The next step is that you have to cut them into long fries. The thickness should be 1/4-inch.
3) When you are cutting the potatoes, you have to put them in a bowl containing cold water to cover.
4) Now, a small pot must be taken.
5) Oil should be poured into the pot. (When you pour oil, you have to make sure that oil comes 3 inches up the sides)
6) The oil needs to be heated to 275 Degrees Fahrenheit.
7) The fries must be drained,
8) Then, they should be rinsed under cold water to remove the excess starch.
9) They need to be pat dried.
10) You can work in batches if needed.
11) They should be cooked for 5 minutes in the oil.
12) You have to make the fries pale and soft.
13) They have to be removed from the oil with the help of a slotted spoon.
14) In order to remove excess oil and starch. they should be rinsed under cold water (It helps you to have a crisper fry later).
15) The pot oil should be reserved.
16) Paper towels must be used to cover a rimmed baking sheet and the fried need to be laid on top.
17) They should be allowed to chill in the refrigerator. (You can prepare the potatoes like this well in advance. .
18) The oil has to be heated to 360 Degrees Fahrenheit.
19) The fries have to be added in batches to the oil and cooked for 5 minutes. Keep on stirring in a gentle manner and make sure that they become golden brown.
20) They must be removed from the oil to a bowl that is paper-towel-lined.
21) Rosemary and salt should be used to season and the bowl has to be shaken to spread the seasoning effectively.
- 1) Russet potatoes – 2 pounds.
- 2) Canola oil or lard – for frying purposes
- 3) Finely chopped rosemary - 1 teaspoon (It should be finely chopped).
- 4) Coarse sea salt - 1 teaspoon.