Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking time45 min
This macaroni and cheese recipe teaches you how to make a super tasty dish in a hassle free manner.
Cooking for this macaroni and cheese recipe is 65 minutes and you can serve it for 6 to 8 people.
1) The macaroni should be cooked in a big pot conaing salted water (boiling) for 5 to 7 minutes.
2) It should be drained and tossed with 2 tablespoons butter
3) Set aside.
4) Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5) Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
6) Set aside.
7) The mikl must be put into a saucepan.
8) The clove, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, and mustard.
9) It should be warmed over medium heat for 10 minutes until the steaming of the the milk takes place.
10) Remove from the heat and let the flavors infuse while you make the roux.
11) 2 Tablespoons butter and the flourshould be added in a big pot and keep the heat medium.
12) Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. (Don’t allow the roux color).
13) Strain the infused milk onto the roux.
14) Whisking constantly to prevent the formation of lumps.
15) Cook for 5 minutes while stirring often and stop when the sauce is thick.
16) Remove from the heat.
17) Add 1/2 the grated Cheddar and 1/2 the Parmesan.
18) Stir until it melts and turns smooth.
19) Taste and adjust seasoning with pepper and salt.
20) Pour this over the macaroni.
21) Add the chunks of Cheddar.
22) Mix until well blended
23) Put this into the prepared baking dish.
24) Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses over the top evenly.
25) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top turns golden and crusty.
- 1) Elbow macaroni - 4 cups (1 pound)
- 2) Unsalted butter - 5 tablespoons
- 3) Milk - 4 cups -
- 4) Medium onion - stuck with 1 clove
- 5) Cloves garlic – 4 nos.
- 6) Bay leaf – 1 no.
- 7) Sprigs fresh thyme - 3 nos.
- 8) Dry mustard - 1 teaspoon.
- 9) All-purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
- 10) Grated Cheddar - 2 cups (plus 1 cup in big chunks)
- 11) Grated Parmesan - 1/2 cup
- 12) Kosher salt – to taste
- 13) Black pepper (Freshly ground) – to taste.