Cooking time45 min
This Margherita Pizza recipe teaches even a novice to master the art of cooking pizzas.
With the quantity recommended in this Margherita Pizza recipe, you can serve it for 4 people and the time needed for cooking is 35 minutes.
For making the base
1) The flour should be placed into a large bowl.
2) The yeast and salt must be stirred in.
3) A well must be made and 200ml warm water and the olive oil should be poured in.
4) In order to create soft dough, they should be brought together using a wooden spoon.
5) It should be placed onto a lightly floured surface and kneaded for 5 minutes.
6) It must be covered with a tea towel and you need to set aside.
For making the sauce
1) The Passata, garlic and basil should be mixed together and they should be seasoned to taste.
2) Keep it at room temperature.
Rolling out the dough
1) If the dough has risen, you have to give it a quick knead. Then, it should be split into two balls.
2) The dough should be rolled out into large rounds on a floured surface about 25cm across with the help of a rolling pin.
3) The dough has to be kept very thin and the rounds must be lifted onto two floured baking sheets.
Topping and baking
1) The oven has to be heated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Another baking sheet should be put in the oven on the top shelf.
3) You need to smooth sauce over bases suing the back of a spoon.
4) Cheese and tomatoes have to be scattered.
5) Olive oil must be drizzled in.
6) Put one pizza on top of the preheated sheet.
7) It should be baked for 8 to 10 minutes.
8) You can serve it with basil leaves.
- #For the base#
- 1) Bread flour – 300 grams.
- 2) Instant yeast - 1 teaspoon.
- 3) Salt – 1 teaspoon.
- 4) Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- 5) Olive oil - 1 tablespoon. (You can keep some more for drizzling purposes).
- #For the tomato sauce#
- 1) Passata -100 ml.
- 2) Fresh basil – handful.
- 3) Garlic clove – 1 no. (it should be crushed).
- #For the topping#
- 1) Ball mozzarella – 125 grams (sliced)
- 2) Shaved Parmesan - handful
- 3) Cherry tomatoes – halved (They must be halved).
- 4) Basil leaves – handful.