Marinated Kale Salad with Apple and Oranges
Cooking time45 min
Salads are always known as healthy dishes. They are extremely tasteful if you know how to make them properly. This marinated kale salad with apples and oranges recipe discusses how to make a sweet and crunchy salad that is a perfect side dish as well as an easy lunch. It can be made in an easy way and there is no need to spend a lot of time in the kitchen for making this dish.
You can make two servings if you use the same quantity of ingredients recommended in this recipe and the total time needed for cooking is 25 minutes.
1) First of all, you have to take a small bowl.
2) The mandarin orange juice should be added to the bowl.
3) You also have to add white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
4) Salt, pepper and olive oil must be added to the bowl as well.
5) All these dressing ingredients have to be whisked together properly.
6) The kale needs to be placed in a medium bowl and the dressing has to be drizzled on top of the kale.
7) It should be tossed a good number of times and make sure that it is coated generously with the dressing.
8) Set aside the kale for about 10 minutes and you must toss a few times to make re-coating with dressing a reality.
9) The remaining ingredients have to be added and tossed again.
10) It must be divided between two plates prior to serving.
- Salt - to taste.
- Pepper -to taste.
- Dijon mustard - 1/2 teaspoon.
- White wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Canned mandarin orange juice - 4 tablespoons.
- Raw sunflower seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Medium red apple - 1/2 (It should be chopped and you can use red delicious or gala)
- Canned mandarin orange slices - 1/2 cup.
- Kale leaves - 3 to 4 cups. (They must be finely chopped and you need to toss the rough ribs)